Re: Ocaml 3.08.2 & LablGTK2 : inconsistent assumptions over implementation Thread

On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 11:10:21PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> Well, i guess the real problem is that any library linked to standard
> libraries will be affected with this, this means that everything needs to be
> rebuilt, at least each -dev library, which sucks bigtime :(.

I don't think so. Libraries are not linked with -linkall per defaults,
as such not all md5sums of all modules in the standard library are
included in .cmo. If you link an hello world program you will indeed
see:

  zack@fistandantilus:~$ ocamlobjinfo b.cmo
  File b.cmo
    Unit name: B
    Interfaces imported:
          71f888453b0f26895819460a72f07493        Pervasives
          d01e4e6ff24eeaf6ac4e09bde34a006b        B
    Uses unsafe features: no

Thus, only libraries referring, directly or transitively, to modules
with md5sum mismatch will need to be rebuilt.

If the problem is only with Thread and Grammar module we will be pretty
lucky ... I'm comparing ocaml packages of 3.08.1 and 3.08.2 in order to
establish which modules are affected.

Stay tuned.