Re: Ocaml 3.08.2 & LablGTK2 : inconsistent assumptions over implementation Thread

On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 10:05:58PM +0100, Berke Durak wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> After installing 3.08.2 from APT (which updated ocaml & stuff, but not lablgtk2)
> I proceeded to remake "ara", and I got the following error :
>
> Files /usr/lib/ocaml/3.08/lablgtk2/gtkThread.cmx
> and /usr/lib/ocaml/3.08/threads/threads.cmxa
> make inconsistent assumptions over implementation Thread
>
> ii  liblablgtk2-oc 2.4.0-2        Runtime libraries for ocaml bindings for Gtk
> ii  liblablgtk2-oc 2.4.0-2        Ocaml bindings to Gtk+ version 2
> ii  ocaml          3.08.2-1       ML language implementation with a class-base
> ii  ocaml-base     3.08.2-1       Runtime system for ocaml bytecode executable
> ii  ocaml-base-nox 3.08.2-1       Runtime system for ocaml bytecode executable
>
> Something is fishy here.
>
> Do you experience similar problems ?

This is a serious problem. The new lablgtk2 packages i uploaded the other day
should fix this, but this means that other libraries may need rebuild. Could
all of you check your libraries to see if they suffer from this problem ?

I will ask the caml team about this tomorrow, since the stable releases are
supposed to keep binary compatibility, or there is not much point in having
them.