Fwd: Dbi in ExtLib

----- Forwarded message from Richard Jones <rich@annexia.org> -----

Subject: [Ocaml-lib-devel] Dbi in ExtLib
From: Richard Jones <rich@annexia.org>

The Dbi module in ExtLib has got out of synch with ocamldbi, and this
is causing problems for packaging a Debian release of these two
packages.

I think all the ocamldbi code should either be completely in, or
completely out of ExtLib.  I don't mind either way, but I suspect
people on this list will have their views.

In the meantime, would it be too much trouble to produce an ExtLib
1.2.1 release which removes Dbi?

Rich.

----- End forwarded message -----

'There is a joke about American engineers and French engineers. The
American team brings a prototype to the French team. The French team's
response is: "Well, it works fine in practice; but how will it hold up
in theory?"'