Re: [Caml-list] ANNOUNCE: ocamldbi 0.9.8 released

On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 12:16:50PM +0100, Richard Jones wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 01:18:42PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > Yeah, but you had some concerns about the new ocamldbi not being compatible
> > with the dbi stuff in extlib.
>
> Ah yes indeed, that is true.
>
> It's a real problem having the Dbi module in ExtLib too.  I think the
> best thing is for me to ask Nicolas Cannasse to remove it.  In the
> longer term, Dbi should be either completely in ExtLib or completely
> separate from it, not a strange mixture of the two as now ..

Apart from that issue, i believe the best thing would be for the new ocamldbi
to be in sarge. Would like to hear from Nicolas and John on this issue, and
plaese continue CCing debian-ocaml-maint when you speak with Nicolas about it.

I think the extlib maintainer (Stefano ?) also would need to voice his
opinion.