Re: state of the numerix package

On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 11:24:39PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 10:27:16PM +0100, Ralf Treinen wrote:
> > The numerix package has two (!) RC bugs open since 38 days (!), not
> > to speak of an important bug open since 33 days (which in
> > fact should be merged with 230944. Is anyone taking care of
> > this? I thought we are all trying to get rid of RC bugs for
> > the release. Who is sponsoring this package? Is there some
> > major problem to fix these bugs, or is it just lazyness?
> > Otherwise I can try to fix it this weekend.
>
> I had sponsored the package, and had a quick look.
>
> Basically, the major problem is that numeric doesn't support clear
> byte/native code separation, if i remember well. Sylvain said he would
> have a look, and medwards said he had a solution to it, but never got
> around to make the new upload (and seemed to have disspeared these past
> two weeks or so, but is back again since a few days, it seems).
>
> I had not really the time to fix the bug though.
>
> Notice that this bug is not sarge critical, since numerix was never yet
> in sarge.
>
> Friendly,
>
> Sven Luther

Hello,

I have intention to fix the bug, but last time i heard of Michael, he
said he has a fix... So i don't want to double the work, and let him do
the fix. Maybe we should ping him in order to know what his is position.

Regard
Sylvain Le Gall

ps : if you feel like having time to close RC bugs, could you upload
ocamldap ( the one commited in svn ), it has one RC bug, thanks in
advance.