Re: state of the numerix package

On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 10:27:16PM +0100, Ralf Treinen wrote:
> The numerix package has two (!) RC bugs open since 38 days (!), not
> to speak of an important bug open since 33 days (which in
> fact should be merged with 230944. Is anyone taking care of
> this? I thought we are all trying to get rid of RC bugs for
> the release. Who is sponsoring this package? Is there some
> major problem to fix these bugs, or is it just lazyness?
> Otherwise I can try to fix it this weekend.

I had sponsored the package, and had a quick look.

Basically, the major problem is that numeric doesn't support clear
byte/native code separation, if i remember well. Sylvain said he would
have a look, and medwards said he had a solution to it, but never got
around to make the new upload (and seemed to have disspeared these past
two weeks or so, but is back again since a few days, it seems).

I had not really the time to fix the bug though.

Notice that this bug is not sarge critical, since numerix was never yet
in sarge.