Re: Proposal : tagging and upload in svn

On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 10:32:16PM +0100, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> So, I'd propose that we move those tarballs to a dedicated
> download location: alioth provides an Anonymous FTP location

As you know, I don't agree with your point here. But still I fail to
understand why you're so against avaing the tarball in the svn. I'm not
yet very active on svn but still I can imagine that people that are used
to use svn don't like to much to have to use another method (ftp, http)
to download tarballs.

What do you think about moving tarballs to a svn directory which is
outside the usual /trunk dir? What about a parallel /tarballs?

^Stefano Zacchiroli - Computer Science PhD student @ Uny Bologna, Italy$
^zack@{cs.unibo.it,debian.org,bononia.it} -- http://www.bononia.it/zack$
^Frequentando il mio maestro mi ero reso conto [.] che la logica poteva$
^servire a molto a condizione di entrarci dentro e poi di uscirne -Adso$