Re: /usr/lib/ocaml/3.06/ld.conf is still on my system

On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 07:14:17AM +0200, Sylvain LE GALL wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 01:29:00AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 11:13:12PM +0200, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Is it deliberate or did you forget to remove this file?
> >
> > Well, the old ld.conf was created in postinst, i think i forgot to
> > remove it when removing the package.
> >
> > > It looks like it is not critical so you don't need to modify
> > > the package right now.
> >
> > Well, i am a bit confused on how to best remove this. I could try a :
> >
> >   rm -rf /usr/lib/ocaml/3.06
> >
> > but this would be quite brutal.
> >
> > Ideally, i should erase the ld.conf, verify that the directory is empty,
> > and then rmdir it. I have no idea how i test that a directory is empty
> > though.
> >
> > Will look into this tomorrow though.
> >
> > BTW, are there still packages out there that need to be uploaded for
> > 3.07 ? If not, we could start a mini-freeze tomorrow, or something such,
> > or maybe on next monday ?
> >
> > I still need to upload advi, but advi doesn't depend on ocaml, so there
> > should be no problem.
> >

> I still need to upload mldonkey, but it is the same problem as advi i
> think ( i was waiting for cameleon upload, since i depend on zoggy ).

advi is either native code or bytecode built with -custom, so no ocaml
dependency. If mldonkey is the same, then no problem, if you don't build
with -custom on bytecode arch, you will depend on ocaml-base and the
runtime version of the libraries.

Advi runs as -custom because it includes some C bindings that are not in
a library, if mldonkey doesn't do so, it should not use -custom.