Re: ocaml compiled binaries and rpath

> The stublib, no problem, but what about the lib... symlink ?

 We are considering your proposal of putting the symlink in
 a /etc/ld.so.conf - aware directory. This seems very reasonable
 and would remove the rpath. Hmmmmmm

> > Well, those common function may be conversion function (that is
> > function that make a caml value from some C type). I don't see how
> > those function could be in any other place that stublib.
>
> Let see what Claudio has to say about this.

 Didier is perfectly right. You always need to "export" the conversion
 functions between caml and C values.

> Ok, one solution would be to simply add /usr/lib/ocaml/3.06/stublibs to
> /etc/ld.so.conf, or perhaps to say that the only authorized rpath in an
> ocaml library package is the stublib dir ? This way, there is a good
> reason for this, and we can teach lintian to override this.

 This would be another alternative solution. Hmmmm

					Hmmmmmmmmm,
					  C.S.C.

Real name: Claudio Sacerdoti Coen
PhD Student in Computer Science at University of Bologna
E-mail: sacerdot@cs.unibo.it
http://www.cs.unibo.it/~sacerdot