Re: Maybe a solution for ocaml-source and cameleon

Hello,

> BTW, would ocamldep not give the full list if you give it the right
> directory argument ?
>
> We have the list of directory who get -Ied, just pass them as argument
> to ocamldep.

Yes maybe it could do.

> > My method :
> > - upload cameleon-1.2
> > - unpack
> > - modify debian/rules
> > 	after the compilation of ocaml-source, i add :
> > 	touch BEFORE_CAMELEON
> > 	after the compilation of cameleon :
> > 	cd $(OCAMLBUILD) && find ./ -anewer BEFORE_CAMELEON -and -not
> > 	-type d > $(CURDIR)/debian/cameleon-support.files
> > - get cameleon-support.files which contains all the file accessed by
> >   ocaml ( the compiler ) when building cameleon.
> >
> > I think everybody knows the -anewer meaning... But i explain ( i like to
> > exlain things ) : ocaml needs to read all the .cmo to compile it with
> > epeire/* files. Every time a file is accessed it update the last
> > accessed attribute of the files... So i can detect what has been used.
> >
> > I have only a problem : the results said that ocamllex... are used. I
> > don't understand why ? If someone could explain it to me...
>
> Will need to check.

I have checked... Cameleon build really use
$(CURDIR)/debian/ocaml-source/ocamllex to build. I explain : when
building epeire, it uses ocaml, ocamlrun, ocamldep, from the self
compiled binary... In other word, cameleon package not only build
ocaml-source, it also use it ( use the binary ).

I am not sure, that Maxence Guesdon really want this things, i should
ask him on cameleon list, but i think he is also reading messages on
this list...

Do you think it is normal ?

I think it could be a problem.

> > I count the file required : 127. There is 3200 files in ocaml-source
> > compiled, i think it is reasonable to say all the file mentioned are
> > usefule to build cameleon...
> >
> > Maybe, it is interesting to create a package cameleon-support from this list
>
> I will give it a deeper look this WE.

Kind regard.
Sylvain LE GALL