Re: Cameleon on sparc

On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 01:27:02PM +0100, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> En réponse à Sven Luther <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr>:
>
> > > But it is clearly a bug in GCC 3.2. I'm going to mail Ben Collins if
> > > you don't mind.
> >
> > Well, a bug in GCC 3.2, but it could also be a problem in ocaml that
> > the
> > gcc 3.2 change brought to light. I think gcc 3.2 is more strict in
> > what
> > it does support.
>
> I doubt it. A bus error is an access to an unaligned address, and
> it would have also fail with any other C compiler, and with any other
> architectures, unlike x86, that do not allow such memory accesses.

Well, if ocaml was relying on an undocumented behavior of older gcc
which did not change, in the code to generate native code for example,
then it may be an ocaml (and not an gcc) problem. I have not looked at
the problem though.

> > I have a full ocaml build (upto the problem) on my vore account,
> > together with the build log.
> >
> > Also, please CC me (and the list maybe ?) about this. You could also
> > CC
> > Xavier, or the 1521 bug in the ocaml bts, altough i don't know how you
> > do the latest.
>
> Maybe it would be best that you contact him and file the bug report
> since you already have the log.

Mmm, yes, it would be better, i will do it. I am busy right now though,
i need to correct 60 UML reports from my students before tomorrow :(((