Re: Cameleon build failures

Sven Luther writes:
On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 01:59:40PM +0100, Maxence Guesdon wrote:
Hi,
> depending on the ocaml source is really a loosy way of coding, i know
> sometime it cannot be helped, but let's try to avoid that as often as
> possible.
The only parts of cameleon which depend on the ocaml source are epeire
(graphical debugger) and topcameleon (graphical toplevel).

Ok, but what exactly do you need for this ?
if you could isolate the needed part, i couldship not the full
ocaml-source, but a cameleon-support package containing only the
compiled files you need.
Would this be enough for you, or do you play some dirty trick with the
sources ? Friendly,
Sven Luther
-- Maxence

hello,
I ave just a suggestion concerning te ocaml-source package. A good
transition sould be to provide an ocaml-source-3.06.tar.gz in
/usr/share/src/ocaml. I have tried to do it for the ocaml package, and it
is very easy to do :
just add :
after copying your hierarchy in debian/tmp/usr/share/source/ocaml cd debian/tmp/usr/share/source/ocaml/ && tar zcf ocaml-3.06 && rm -rf ocaml-3.06 You get a lot less lintian Warning and te source is still here... Maybe i said someting very stupid... I am sorry if it is so
Kind regard
Sylvain LE GALL ps : i will try to compile cameleon tomorrow.