Re: buildd and virtual (build) dependencies :(((

On Mon, Dec 30, 2002 at 07:20:47PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> Also this may cause problems with Stefano's plan for library depends.

Well, the library dependencies aren't really a problem, there we can
safely fall back on 'standard' versiones build dependencies (e.g.
Build-Depends: libxxx-ocaml-dev (>= 1.2.3), libxxx-ocaml-dev (<< 1.2.4))
that is ugly but works.
I proposed the virtual package solution for 'consistency' with the ocaml
package solution.

Returning to the 'ocaml' package issue, what does we 'risk' falling back
to versioned build dependencies? Can something be broken by this falling
back?

Stefano Zacchiroli  -  Undergraduate Student of CS @ Uni. Bologna, Italy
 zack@{cs.unibo.it,debian.org,bononia.it} - http://www.bononia.it/zack/
 "I know you believe you understood what you think I said, but I am not
 sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!" -- G.Romney