Re: objinfo shipped with ocaml?

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 02:55:45PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> Ok, i shipped -7 just now without it, so i will need it anyway for when
> we move the libdir. Do you think you can have it for then, or else i can
> write it also.

I hate writing manpages, nroff is the worst and uglier markup language
I've ever seen ..., but anyway attached you can find the objinfo
manpage.

BTW could you add a reference from the "SEE ALSO" section of ocamlc and
ocamlopt manpages to objinfo manpage?

BTW2 all ocaml related manpages seems to be really out of date, a lot of
currently available flags of the compilers aren't documented and so on

Stefano Zacchiroli - undergraduate student of CS @ Univ. Bologna, Italy
zack@cs.unibo.it | ICQ# 33538863 | http://www.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro
"I know you believe you understood what you think I said, but I am not
sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!" -- G.Romney
.TH OCAML-SOAP 1 "October 26, 2002"
.SH NAME
objinfo \- dump an OCaml compilation unit description
.SH SYNOPSIS
.B objinfo
.RI file\ ...
.SH DESCRIPTION
Dump information contained in OCaml compilation units.
Currently it works on .cmi, .cmo and .cma files.
.sp 2
.B objinfo
is able to show information regarding:
.br
.IP
module names
.sp 2
unit name
.sp 2
declared primitives
.sp 2
imported interfaces
.sp 2
md5sums of imported interfaces
.sp 2
forced custom mode
.sp 2
extra C libraries needed
.sp 2
extra C flags needed
.sp 2
use of unsafe features
.PP
depending on its invocation on .cmi, .cmo or .cma arguments.
.SH SEE ALSO
.BR ocamlc (1),
.BR ocamlopt (1)
.br
.SH AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org>,
for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others).