Re: proposal: new ocaml dirs schema

On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 11:37:06AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> But how do we move the symlinks around ? Do we use a plain
> alternative/diversion thingy (need to recheck on those) or do we do
> something more fancy ? How do we force the symlinks to be ever on the

python use no diversion, so I suppose it simply perform some postinst
stuff only in "python" package!
Remember that the package which change the symlink is not the latest
version, but the "python" one.
In this way we can upload a new ocaml package, see what will be going on
and later change the dependency of the 'ocaml' package.

Anyway for the moment I'm in favour of the moving of the ocaml lib dir
only.
step-by-step we can dominate the world :)

Stefano Zacchiroli - undergraduate student of CS @ Univ. Bologna, Italy
zack@cs.unibo.it | ICQ# 33538863 | http://www.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro
"I know you believe you understood what you think I said, but I am not
sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!" -- G.Romney