Re: Cameleon, follow-ups

On Thu, 29 Aug 2002 11:06:05 +0200
Maxence Guesdon <maxence.guesdon@inria.fr> wrote:

> >   I can propose:
> >   - a new project in Savannah (as suggested by Georges)
>
> I don't want to be on savannah, they're pissing us off with
> mldonkey licensing so i don't want to have anything to do with them.

I perfectly understand that such "discussions"  may be  considered as
annoying, but keep in mind that "INRIA-like" licences usually lead to
such considerations (well, dont know if it was exactly the same case
with mldonkey [since today it's GPL licensed]). I'm sure you will
understand that Savannah "masters" are, in some way, the guardians of
the "FSF spirit". So they don't have to accept the hosting of INRIA's
development which are not "really" free. [*NB* I would say strictly
the same thing after substituting INRIA with INRETS, there is nothing
in my mind against INRIA]

> In fact, i'd prefer keep it at INRIA. But the situation may change
> in the future, as i explained to Georges yesterday. It is in french
> (sorry):
>
> les stagiaires). Je pense donc à mettre en place une copie du
> logiciel utilisé sur savannah et sourceforge, pour gérer les
> développements internes(pour ceux qui le veulent).

as it was just pointed to me by Jerôme in a private discussion,
savannah and sourceforge are not the same. From the strict technical
point of view, sourceforge _seems_ to be more rich and furthermore
it's already packaged ;-)
[In relation with your futur job, it's an information I intended to
forward you privately (JM via GM to MG ;-) ...done!
and finally, Jerôme was faster than me ...
]

Cheers

Finally, a technical detail (off topics here), just for information,
nor savannah nor sourceforge support mysql databases ... :-(
Interesting to know before you investigate the (joined) use of
groupware applications or management systems  (like webmin,
phpgroupware, phprojekt and so on) [as Maxence will do in his future
job ;-)]

--
mailto:georges.mariano@inrets.fr     tel: (33) 03 20 43 84 06
INRETS, 20 rue Élisée Reclus         fax: (33) 03 20 43 83 59