Re: About Cameleon

On Thu, Aug 22, 2002 at 09:37:00AM +0200, J?r?me Marant wrote:
>   What do you think about this ?

I'm back (finally this time :) from vacation and I'm just reading the
thread about cameleon.

Regarding one or more package I am for the one-tarball-multiple-binary
packages and additionally I suggest to create a dummy package that
depends on all the cameleon stuff.

Regarding leaving all in my hands ... errm ... boh :-)

I built the zoggy package some times ago because I thought that we
really needed a gtk interface designer and the configwin package came
from a build dep of zoggy.

Currently I now nothing about the other components of cameleon you are
talking about and so I doubt is a good idea for me to maintain them.

If you can take over the whole cameleon affair I will be happy,
otherwise we can study how to coordinate a co-maintainership on it. If
you are in lack of time or if you prefer not to work in the cameleon
affair I can take over the project _BUT_ consider that currently my
precedence will be for the 3.04 -> 3.06 transition [1].

Cheers.

[1] BTW I will start rebuilding package with ocaml 3.06 tomorrow when my
    university lab will get open again

--
Stefano Zacchiroli - undergraduate student of CS @ Univ. Bologna, Italy
zack@cs.unibo.it | ICQ# 33538863 | http://www.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro