Re: upload now! [Was: Re: findlib 0.7.1 - package available]

On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 11:41:51AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > The only trouble for the user maybe that dynamic linking wont be
> > available until they install the ocaml package that will provide
> > /usr/lib/ocaml/stublibs as search path for shared objects. This will be
> > a transition situation for few days, IMO is an acceptable problem in
> > unstable and users can safely add these dir to /etc/ocaml/ld.conf
> > solving the problem.
>
> Mmm, did we not speak about putting user installed stuff into
> /usr/local/lib/ocaml/stublibs ? and keeping the /usr/lib/ocaml/stublibs
> for the debian packages.

How is this question related to the reported problem?

Anyway: yes we talked about this and this is currently possible. You
just have to list that path in ld.conf (and If I have understood
correctly you have already done it in the ocaml 3.05 package), and a
user can install stuff there using findlib and "-destdir" switch or
another special purpose installer.

Am I missing something?

Stefano Zacchiroli - undergraduate student of CS @ Univ. Bologna, Italy
zack@cs.unibo.it | ICQ# 33538863 | http://www.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro
"I know you believe you understood what you think I said, but I am not
sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!" -- G.Romney