Re: Buglet in ocaml-ldconf

On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 07:47:20PM +0200, Claudio Sacerdoti Coen wrote:
>  What I found very annoying of Sven solution is that if you
>  install a package by hand (Bad Thing TM),
>  the next time you install an ocaml debian package the entry
>  for the hand-installed one disappears. This means that you
>  have to learn ocaml-ldconf to understand what is happening...

Then you simply didn't understand how it really works.

In order to keep the hand installed stuff, you simply need to add stuff,
not in the /usr/lib/ocaml/ld.conf, but in /etc/ocaml/ld.conf, as it is
written in the comment on top of the previous file.

Additionnaly, /etc/ocaml/ld.conf is a conffile, so it should survive
even a desinstallation of ocaml and a reinstallation of it.

>  I don't by Xavier's argument.
>
> > I have the impression that findlib + ld.conf integration could be
> > better.
>
>  What do you mean? findlib already manages ld.conf correctly, adding
>  and removing lines. The problem is findlib used by hand + ocaml debian
>  packages.

Mmm, maybe we should make findlib aware of the /etc/ocaml/ld.conf file ?