Re: <pkg>-byte

Sven Luther <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr> writes:

>> Yes.
>>
>> However, you cannot change spamoracle-byte that way because dpkg won't let you
>> replace /usr/share/doc/spamoracle-byte by a symlink. You need
>> trick (I know of) to make it possible.
>
> Err, what trick and what is the problem in the first place. The above
> mentioned debian/rules yielded a debian package which i installed over
> my spamoracle package without problem.

The problem:

If you have /usr/share/doc/spamoracle-byte directory in the current version
and if you replace it with a symlink in the next version of the package,
dpkg will not do such a replacement and leave the directory.

I have a trick in my icewm{-gnome} maintainer scripts that work this
around.

Cheers,

--
Jérôme Marant