Re: Dpkg in Ocaml

On Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 08:15:27AM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> Also, i guess it could be possible to do things in a memory friendly way
> in ocaml, controling the GC more strictly and such, but i have no
> experience about those. I guess people running ocaml on iPAQs or on
> embedded boxes could give more info here.

I have an iPAQ and I've tried playing on it with ocaml, but I haven't
never tested some memory consuming applications.

Anyway the memory problem on ipaq are the same that we have on all
boxes: you know how many memory you have and you must live with it.

That said: there is no particular test that can be done on iPAQ for
memory consumption that can't be done on any other host, just monitor
how many memory need your application and see if the ipaq ram is enough.

Anyway, dpkg memory problem IIRC isn't really related to dpkg itself but
to the size of the package database.

Stefano Zacchiroli  -  undergraduate student of CS @ Uni. Bologna, Italy
   zack@cs.unibo.it | ICQ 33538863 | http://www.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro
 "I know you believe you understood what you think I said, but I am not
 sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!" -- G.Romney