Re: cameleon: byte or native?

Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 01:38:33PM +0100, J?r?me Marant wrote:
Well, it doesn't improve anything IMHO. I'd prefer to add mode dependencies
to cameleon rather that adding more packages.

It depends on the size of the 'common' stuff, I don't know the coq case,
but the coq package has an installed size of about 20Mb, if a relevant
percentage of those is sharable ... why not?

Ah, this is quite a new song :-) You'd admit that it depends on packages.
This is exactly what I have always expressed.

Just to avoid reentering old threads: my point here is not the disk
space saving but the better packages organization that can result, the
*-common is a ... common (sorry :) pattern in many debian packages.

Yes but debian developers are free to organize their packages without
following any dogma :-)