Re: cameleon: byte or native?

Hello,

> >More seriously, if it is only for the cameleon package, you could do
:

> >Depends: zoggy (= 1.2+cvsxxx) | zoggy-byte (= 1.2+cvsxxx)
> >
> >And so on. This is not a nice solution, but it solves this problem.

A slightly better one IMHO, would be to provide three packages instead
of two for each program: X, X-native and X-byte. X would provide files
independent from the bytecode/native status of the executable.

There we would have

zoggy 'Depends:'ing on zoggy-native (= 1.2xxx) | zoggy-byte (= 1.2xxx))

and cameleon would just depend on zoggy.

In the case of coq, I would provide files such as the emacs mode, the
standard library of coq in the coq package, and I would have both
coq-byte and coq-native as independent packages (and they would not
conflict since having both bytecode and native version makes sense for
coq --- thus I have to have a look at diversions...)

Judicaël.
--
Judicael.Courant@lri.fr, http://www.lri.fr/~jcourant/
Tel (+33) (0)1 69 15 64 85