Re: FREEZE!: ocaml compiler bug in debian?

On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 04:49:23PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> Well, i can reproduce the bug in a plain upstream compiled ocaml, so if
> Xavier cannot reproduce it, it may well be something special between
> debian and whatever distrib Xavier uses (mandrake probably).

Maybe, I'm going to ask directly Xavier, stay tuned.

> Maybe something related with the glibc 2.3.1 we use ?
<snip>
> Can someone test this on a stable and/or testing box ?

Just tested on a stable using my repository of woody rebuilt packages,
same behaviour, same bug :-(

> Anyway, this does not seem to be related to the debian packaging of
> ocaml, so i will go ahead with the libdir transition.

Ok, it's not related to debian packaging, but it's related to debian,
because on non-debian boxes the bug doesn't manifest itself.

Stefano Zacchiroli  -  undergraduate student of CS @ Uni. Bologna, Italy
   zack@cs.unibo.it | ICQ 33538863 | http://www.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro
 "I know you believe you understood what you think I said, but I am not
 sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!" -- G.Romney