Re: FREEZE!: ocaml compiler bug in debian?

On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 01:59:08PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> [ FREEZE is about waiting a moment before uploading a new ocaml package
>   and thinking about a possible bug, not about our mini-freeze :-]
>
> Just because we are talking about uploading a new ocaml package ...
>
> This is a bug report I've submitted last week to caml-bugs along with
> response that Xavier send me.
>
> He is unable to reproduce the bug, please test if you are able to
> reproduce the bug, if this is the case we probably have a problem with
> debian shipped ocaml compiler.

Well, i can reproduce the bug in a plain upstream compiled ocaml, so if
Xavier cannot reproduce it, it may well be something special between
debian and whatever distrib Xavier uses (mandrake probably).

Maybe something related with the glibc 2.3.1 we use ?

Can someone test this on a stable and/or testing box ?

Anyway, this does not seem to be related to the debian packaging of
ocaml, so i will go ahead with the libdir transition.