Re: META for libbaire-ocaml-dev

On Tuesday 22 October 2002 17:22, you wrote:

> BTW, what version of baire are you using ? i see the version of baire
> released on september 19 is using ocamlmakefile, but the version you are
> using does not. Did you rewrite the makefile to not use ocamlmakefile ?

You're right. I commented out the inclusion of ocamlmakefile and rewrite the
makefile, for that's the speedy way for me to produce the things. If you can
help with ocamlmakefile, I'd glad to switch back.

I tried to produce the .cmo and .cmx files, then pack them, then the .cma and
.cmxa files, as you said that's the way libraries are supposed to behave.

Two problems remaining:
1. the -pack option for native code mode
2. the library cannot be automatically found when compiling, no matter what
mode. I just added a META. I don't know what else to add to enable that,
though explict inclusion of the path to baire library solves the problem.

Todo:
1. get in touch with the upstream author (I tried, just no response yet. I'm
still waiting).
2. more test to eliminate bugs.

Best!
shouxun