Re: Is it possible to package baire?

On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 01:04:02PM +0800, Yang Shouxun wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 04:50, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
>
> > Could you please briefly summarize which data structures are provided by
> > this package?
>
> It includes data structures such as lists, streams, queues, heaps, sets,
> priority search trees, maps, and arrays. Each has functions for monadic
> operations, constructors, destructors, observers, reverse operations, map and
> folds, subsequences, index-based operations, multiple list operations,
> filters and partitions. It seems to be based on Okasaki's pure functional
> data structures, though I'm not sure. The web page is in French, and as said
> before, I can't read it.

It is indeed a library based at first on  Okasaki's pure functional data
structures, but redesigned for ocaml. The author pretends that they are
more efficiently implemented than equivalent haskell/sml/whatever
libraries. I mayself feel it would be a very usefull addition to debian,
though i would prefer that someone using it packages it. Do you use it
Yang ?

It was many time announced/discussed on the caml list, but what i could
see is that it is maybe not yet released, don't really know. Yang, could
you ask the upstream author of the status of it, and cc us here ?