Re: Cameleon packages available

On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 01:57:20PM +0200, Georges Mariano wrote:
> Well, do you mean that autobuilders are running  sarge ?? (which may
> be a "good" explanation of what you said)

Sure, this is the case.

> Of course, If your are not interested in providing packages with the
> minimal dependencies, well, go ahead... and users have to wait sarge
> to become the new stable release.

I can build a package with the minimal dependencies on my debian box,
but the binary versions rebuilt by autobuilder wont get the minimal
dependencies cause, as above, autobuilders are running unstable.

Anyway the 'users' from the debian point of view are those running
stable, but they are not supposed to use a package until it reach the
stable release. In other words: user are not supposed to use unstable
package and developers are not suppose to develop directly for user,
they develop stuff that will be for the users only after it reach the
stable release.

Stefano Zacchiroli - undergraduate student of CS @ Univ. Bologna, Italy
zack@cs.unibo.it | ICQ# 33538863 | http://www.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro
"I know you believe you understood what you think I said, but I am not
sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!" -- G.Romney