Re: [zack@cs.unibo.it: Re: debian package of the english translation]

On Sun, Apr 07, 2002 at 03:33:54PM -0700, Ruchira Datta wrote:
> these would be impractical.)  Why not just put a link to the book in
> README.Debian in the ocaml or ocaml-doc packages?

No problem for me, as stated, I would like to preserve the translators
wishes not to package this draft version if they, as seems, really want
this.

BTW I will add a link to the draft english version in the package of the
french book ASAP.

In the meantime, anyway, I've already build up the debian package
containing the english translation (obviously I haven't uploaded it in
the debian distirbution), could you put it on the english translation
web site?
In this way you can count access to the book and debian user could
benefit from the easyness layer added by apt-get or by a simple .deb
package. Moreover if someone would be sure that the package is an
"almost official" package, he can check my gpg signature on the .changes
and verify that it was built by a debian developer.

Do you like this solution?

Stefano Zacchiroli - undergraduate student of CS @ Univ. Bologna, Italy
zack@cs.unibo.it | ICQ# 33538863 | http://www.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro
"I know you believe you understood what you think I said, but I am not
sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!" -- G.Romney