Re: note on "Debian's next freeze"

On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 04:33:30PM +0200, Georges Mariano wrote:
> Hi OcamlDebianers,
>
> I agree with Sven when he "said" that we have to take into account
> that the next freeze is coming soon...
>
> And it's interesting to state what this implies to OcamlDebian tasks
> "scheduling"...
> May be Sven has his own idea ... ;-)
>
> Just a suggestion :
> we have several points where ocaml debian packages are available
>
> ftp://lambda.u-strasbg.fr/debian/

Only ocaml package is available there, and only because the latest
ocaml-3.01-5.2 package contain very minor changes since the -5 version
(namely menu support and potato build fix), and i want ocaml to enter testing
now (we still have only ocaml 3.00-4 there). To achieve that we need a
'stable' ocaml package in the debian pool, with all it's arches built, and
that for some time. Right now only m68k is still missing, maybe i will put up
again my m68k/ppc box, and build it myself, if only i had space on my desk for
it, i could then also give a try at resurrecting the m68k native code support
:)))

Ok, once that is done, there will be noting left at this site, and i will most
assuredly erase stuff there.

That said, nor lablgl nor lablgtk have been built for more than a few arches,
and are also not in testing.

Also, for the ocaml HOWTO, please build all your ocaml related packages (at
least those that have bytecode or are libraries) with the following depends :

Depends: ocaml (>= 3.01), ocaml (<< 3.02), ...

(maybe we could even teach dh_shlibdeps to add this automatically, don't know)

BTW, how do you make a repository apt-gettable ?
BTW2, incoming is accesible at : http://incoming.debian.org/, altought not
apt-gettable, i think.