Re: Problems building OCaml-3.01: Tk not found

On Mon, Apr 02, 2001 at 05:52:58PM +0200, Claudio Sacerdoti Coen wrote:
>  Hello world,
>
>  while rebuilding the package of ocaml for potato, Tk is not
>  recognized. The very strange thing is that it is recognized
>  if I run ./configure by hand, but not if it is run automatically
>  during the package compilation.

You have tcl/tk 8.0 or something else installed.

The package i built has tcl/tk 8.3 as requirement. (it is in the
build-depends, please check them).

This move, apart from keeping with the most recent version (personnaly i never
use it, so i don't know), but the tcl/tk maintainer advised me as such,
wanting to phase out all older version, once nobody uses it anymore.

So you have 2 solutions :

 - install the -dev tcl/tk 8.3 packages. (prefered way)
 - if this is not doable (they don't exist on potato, is incompatible with
   your system, whatever), you have to modify your debian/rules file so that
   configure is passed the corrrect arguments (see the above mentioned file).

Hope this helps ...