Re: ocaml-deb documentation packaging

Sven LUTHER wrote:

> by policy, manpage have to come with each executable anyway, ...
>

> Well, /usr/share is all arch independent stuff, and as such, it can be (NFS)
> shared between lot of boxes ...
>
> not sure how dpkg & co handle this though.
Very interesting..., I have some trouble (in my mind) about such points
because on one hand you have a beautiful and rather theoretical statement
(I can do that, fine) and on the other hand you have a practical and
unsolved question (but what may happend If I *really* do that) ...

Anyway, I don't think that it solves the problem of serving documentation
since this will introduce a(n additional and reverse) dependency (mouting
point) between a "user class" machine and the server (there is more
documentation on user's machines...)

PS : I've heard people speaking about sharing/mounting a single /usr (!!)
across similar boxes ...

PS2 : in fact there is little documentation about managing several Debian
boxes...

PS3 : suppose that I want to add the bibtex2html documentationon our file
server, here is what I have to do : :-(((((

apt-get -s install bibtex2html
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
  libfreetype6 libkpathsea3 libxaw7 tetex-bin tetex-extra xfonts-scalable
xlibs xutils
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  xbase-clients
  bibtex2html libfreetype6 libkpathsea3 libxaw7 tetex-bin tetex-extra
xutils
2 packages upgraded, 7 newly installed, 1 to remove and 237 not upgraded.
Remv xbase-clients [xfonts-scalable ]
Inst xfonts-scalable [shellutils on hurd] []
Inst xutils [shellutils on hurd]
Inst libkpathsea3 [shellutils on hurd]
Inst xlibs [shellutils on hurd]
Inst libxaw7 [shellutils on hurd]
Inst tetex-bin [shellutils on hurd]
Inst tetex-extra [shellutils on hurd]
Inst bibtex2html [shellutils on hurd]
Inst libfreetype6 [shellutils on hurd]
Conf xfonts-scalable
Conf xutils
Conf libkpathsea3
Conf xlibs
Conf libxaw7
Conf tetex-bin
Conf tetex-extra
Conf bibtex2html
Conf libfreetype6

--
# Georges MARIANO                 tel: (33) 03 20 43 84 06
# INRETS, 20 rue Elisee Reclus    fax: (33) 03 20 43 83 59