Re: splitting the ocaml package ???

On Mon, Mar 26, 2001 at 09:45:38PM +0200, Ralf Treinen wrote:
> Wrong. Since the ocaml toplevel profits from it the package that
> contains the toplevel (whichever this will be) should Recommend
> (or rather Suggest ?) it. There is no reason that ocaml-tools
> should recommend it since none of the ocaml-tools profits from it.

sorry, I read 'ocaml-tools' but I thought 'ocaml', sure.
I agree: ocaml should Suggest (and not Recommend IHMO) ledit, not
ocaml-tools.

Not Recommend cause a user may install ocaml and, currently, don't use
the toplevel system but also the compiler, if we split ocamlc as a
standalone package the question is different.

Bye

--
	- Zack -

Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@cs.unibo.it> ICQ# 33538863
Home Page: http://www.students.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro
Undergraduate Student of Computer Science at University of Bologna, Italy
SysAdm of verdicchio.students.cs.unibo.it (130.136.3.134)
	"Information wants to be Open"