Re: problems with compilation with lablgl.

On Sat, Feb 03, 2001 at 08:22:00AM +0000, peter_ronnquist@hushmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This is my first email to the debian-ocaml-maint list and I am not 100%
> that this email fits this mailing list, but it was the one that I thought
> matched best. Please cc me if you respond since I only read the mailing
> list archives on the debian www site. Thank you.

Well, you should have filled a bug against lablgl, this is the way this kind
of things work.

(mail to submit@bugs.dbeian.org with Package: lablgl and Version: <version num> in the body)

> is there anyone else who have problems with compiling the examples in lablgl?

mmm, no, i don't have problems, should work ok.

> When I try to compile the simple.ml example then I get the following error.

mmm, ...

using lablgl+lablgtk i do :

ocamlc -I Objets -I /usr/lib/ocaml/lablgtk -I /usr/lib/ocaml/lablGL -custom -c opengl.ml

> ronnquis@debian:~/development/ocaml/test$  ocamlc -labels -I /usr/lib/ocaml/labltk
>  -I /usr/lib/ocaml/lablGL -I /usr/lib/libtk8.0 labltk.cma lablgl.cma togl.cmo
> simple.ml -o program
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ltk8.0
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> Error while building custom runtime system

Erm, ...

do you have tcl/tk8.0-dev installed ?

Please tell me if that solves the problem, as if it does, i will add it in the
depends/suggest field ...

> But I have /usr/lib/libtk.8.0.so.1 and I can run the example with toplevel:
> lablgl -labels simple.ml
> works fine.

Sure, tcl/tk is already compiled in there, so no need for the -dev packages.

Hope this hepls ...

Sven Luther (the lablgl maintainer ...)