Re: ocamltex

On Fri, Jul 28, 2000 at 09:44:13AM +0200, Ralf Treinen wrote:
> Camllight contains "camltex" which allows to generate, from TeX code containing
> caml code, another TeX document containing the output of the interpreter
> on these caml code fragments. Very handy if you write documents about caml
> programming.
>
> This tool is not included in the ocaml distrib, however it seems that the
> camltex from caml-light works fine with ocaml just be changing the invocation
> of the interpreter in the corresponding perl script (we have at LRI a
> patched version of camltex for ocaml, I'll have to check again what is the
> exact patch to apply). To have it in debian one could either include it in
> the ocaml package or have a separate package. An argument for (1) is that it
> is not very large, an argument for (2) that it depends on tex and we probably
> don't want to have ocaml depend on tex.
>
> What do you think? The case given I volunteer to build the package for
> ocaml-tex (once I'm trough the nm process, it seems that finally things
> are advancing).

I would vote for a separate package.

Are the licence issues ok ?

Also it would be nice to produce one or more ocaml-task packages for easy
install of the various ocaml related stuff. This would also be proposed at the
"Easy way" of installing for the first install.

Any volunteer for it ?

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER