Re: freekbox3 installer CD

<quote who="Vagrant Cascadian" date="Sat, Aug 27, 2005 at 11:02:06PM -0600">
> just wanted to let folks know about the work on freegeek's freekbox3
> distribution.

Thakns for the heads up! :)

> the freekbox3 is primarily a KDE-based distribution, but the folks from
> columbus have proposed a gnome-oriented variant, too.

I'd be interested in this. Is there is a list or group of people that
are working on this?

> also interested in defining additional profiles for simple-cdd, if you
> have package lists and debconf selections, they could be included as
> examples for simple-cdd.
>
> we could maybe make a debian-np installer separate from the freekbox3...
> though in the end it would be nice to have a single CD to do Desktop
> Systems, Application Servers, Internet (web/mail/etc) Servers, etc. if
> we can fit it all :)

I agree. I think that any revived Debian-NP *should* be using
simple-cdd and there's really no reason that we would not want to
provide the freebox3 options as an option since they are designed for
and will be useful to subset of non-profit organizations.

Regards,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill