Re: More Wishes

gs> Quoting Otavio Salvador <otavio@debian.org>:

>> I'm part of Debian-NP team and work in other CDD too called
>> Debian-BR-CDD. On it, we current support two profiles: Desktop
>> Environment and Light Desktop Environment. In last, we use IceWM and
>> provide some preselected softwares like AbiWord and GNumeric to users
>> too.
gs> Does BR stays for Brazil? :-)

Yes.

gs> The two profiles look probably what I wish!

Possible. You can take a look[1] to see what we include in each task.

1. http://debian-br-cdd.alioth.debian.org/browser/trunk/debian-br-cdd/tasksel/tasks/

>> This version uses Debian Installer and can be installed, using kernel
>> 2.4, at 24mb of RAM only. I suggest to you try to install the netinst
>> version of debian-installer and then add these packages to see what
>> you think.

gs> Perdon... I'll try to improve my technicality... you are saying..?:
gs> Install the debian-installer (I'll look better into this subproject
gs> as well) [do I have to choose at that time if it is for net or..? CD?)
gs> Add the packages to...? which distribution? a regular 3.3 basic, or
gs> the BR one?
gs> As "these packages" you meant AbiWord and GNumeric?

To you see if current debian sarge provide what you need you can
install it using the netinst image[2] of new installer and after the
base install simulate one profile asking apt or aptitude to install
the needed packages.

2. http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/sid_d-i/i386/pre-rc2/sarge-i386-netinst.iso

gs> Sorry if this level of question is inappropriate on this list, I'll
gs> do more research on my own before bother everyone.

No problem. You're welcome.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116