Re: Debian Non-profit server

On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 04:46:13PM -0500, cindy wrote:
> We are currently in the formation process of building a Non-profit
> in Madison WI, that will focus on getting area non-profits more
> involved in the Open source community. One of our current projects
> is to provide a Linux, or other open source box to area non-profits
> free of charge, that we would administer for them for a period of
> time. We would love to help develop a debian non-profit distro.

First, you should join this mailing list if you have not already.

Then, you can join our project at
http://alioth.debian.org/projects/debian-np by creating an account and
emailing a Alioth project admin (like me) with your Alioth account
name.

Additionally, you read and elaborate on our wiki at
http://wiki.debian.net/index.cgi?DebiaNonProfit and elaborate where
needed.

Finally, if you have more technical knowledge (e.g., experience with
making/modifying Debian packages or the desire to learn) there's even
more you can contribute although you'll probably want to join the IRC
to discuss this in more depth. Info on the IRC channel is at our
website at: http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-nonprofit

I look forward to a long and productive collaboration.

Regards,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill