Re: Debian Non-Profit Server?

Finding out the potential similarities with the SME server (from
mittel) is a good research project that someone definately needs to
have a look at in order to best focus our energy and development in
the right direction. We need to find out what kind of overlap there
might be, and to see if we would be reduplicating anything
unnecessarily.

Does anyone have a good overview of their feature set? I've crawled
through their web pages a number of times and haven't seen anything,
except nice screenshots of their management interface.

As I said previously, I think a debian NP server would facilitate the
maintenance of a dynamic website, have internal knowledge management
and collaborative tools, a full featured email server with a web-based
LDAP user management front-end for everything from account creation,
password changing, spam settings, email forwards, etc. As well as an
out-of-the-box mailing list server, web cache, opengroupware, DNS
cache, firewalling, statistical monitoring/alerts and easy distributed
network backup system... this can be done in a modularized way, so
that on installation particular modules could be selected depending on
needs.

I have been having trouble finding what SME has, their goals, and what
their connection is with the commercial side, as well as the Mitre
connection. Can someone help us better understand this?

Micah