Re: Debian Non-Profit Server?

Howdy,

I am wondering how a proposed Debian NP server, would compare to the
SME server (contribs.org).  I also like the idea of having a Debian NP
server distro, since it's almost impossible for me to get agencies to
adopt Linux on the desktop, the server is a different story.  It's not
the install process I am worried about so much, but the admin features
that really make implementing a Linux server possible.  The biggest goal
for me would be having an easy to use admin system that staff at
non-profits could use to maintain and update the server.

John

On Fri, Apr 16, 2004 at 02:12:58PM -0500, Micah Anderson wrote:
> In the initial assessment phase we did spec out on the wiki the
> different things a server could offer
> (http://wiki.debian.net/index.cgi?DebianNPServer) additionally, at our
> irc meeting we talked about if we should work on a desktop version or
> a server version and ended up deciding that some people wanted to
> focus on one, and some on the other, so we decided to split off to
> work on a server version and some went to work on a desktop version.
<snip>

--
John Billings - Free Software/Open Source Advocate