Re: NOSI releases "Open Source Primer" for Nonprofits

I am faced with these problems every day with my work at t4tchicago.org,
we work with about 40 agencies a year and we explain what Free Software
is to every one of them.  There may be a few that have heard of it, but
no one really understands it.  We might help them acquire Microsoft
software, legally of course, but by the end of their year of assistance
they have an understanding of the difference between Free Software and
proprietary.  Are they ready to adopt it, well, not quite but many of
them will happily be using Linux file servers with their Microsoft
desktop machines.

What in my humble opinion would help is a strong alliance of groups
advocating Free Software, like what NOSI appears to be doing.  Keep up
the good work.

John Billings