Re: NOSI releases "Open Source Primer" for Nonprofits

At 5:32 PM -0500 2/19/04, Mark Bucciarelli wrote:
The only place we differ is that I think it is possible and productive to talk
about the ethics in a way that does not interfere with the pragmatic
discussion.

Actually, we probably differ less than you think. As Katrin mentioned, we've been struggling to write a more conceptual/political document about this issue for the nonprofit sector, but haven't gotten there yet. For a variety of reasons, this primer wasn't going to be the place to start that kind of discussion. But I agree that discussion needs to happen, and need not interfere with the pragmatic work on furthering the implementation of F/OSS in the np sector.
--
.Michelle

Michelle Murrain
mmurrain at dbdes dot com
413-253-2874 ph
413-222-6350 cell
413-825-0288 fax
AIM:pearlbear0 ICQ:129250575
SMS: 4132226350 at messaging dot sprintpcs dot com

"Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching." - Satchel Paige