Re: Introduction

Benj. Mako Hill wrote:

On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 01:17:33PM -0400, Matthew Patton wrote:

One idea we have is to develop all of these systems to use
a common database, since a considerable amount of the information
that each application uses will need to be shared.

Many people on this list, myself included, think that this sort of
application is *the* killer app for desktop GNU/Linux in
non-profits. The proprietary equivalent is, of course, ebase which,
while newly free, has extremely non-free (in every sense of the word)
dependencies on filemaker.

Okay, this is so right on track. I understand that ebase is currently looking for open source tools to port the next generation to. I suggest that we support this in any way possible. ebase developers, are you listening? We're here for you.

--

sbb

\:)>
  /:(>