Re: Debian-NP logo

Salute,

So, a collage of thoughts so far:

> ... a logo that is simple enough to draw in the sand ... the Debian swirl has this. (Jake)

> ... I'd like a new logo, specially without the Tux (Debian isn't only GNU/Linux ;)
> ... a logo that symbolizes NP's spirit ... (Michelle)

> Out of respect to Debian it should have one of the Debian logos somewhere in it. (Derek)

The keywords I hear are: New. Simple & acknowledge Debian.
We have a vision of a fresh image that tips the hat to the Debian team and symbolizes NP - the Non-Profit sector and everything that is part of it - makes me to think of
co-operation, community and high ideals ...  Jake talks about "gears or other
examples of working in a system as a part of the image." Nice one.

Respect to the Debian teams - let's make sure about that and the matter of Tux is clear then: s/he is not appropriate for Debian-NP. I also want to voice my support for
these ideas of Jake's:

> The logo should be able to be defined with a lack of colors (For those
> of us without color printers or those drawing with sharpies or those
> that are color blind). I suggest the use of *grey scales* and not a color
> dependent logo.

> ... *avoid the use of words* - use *shapes that are common amongst most people*.
> I like the *debian swirl* and I think [of] that as a base for debian-np

Yebo-Yes. This is a good concept to work from - agreed? Calen, see what you can
cook up without Tux and in the light of the above. Jake and me and others will also
be submitting our sketches in good time.

Goodnight,
OluShango.
---