IRC Meeting on Monday Aug11 21:00UTC

Hi everyone,

There's lots of talk about package lists and moving forward so I
thought it might be nice to schedule a time when we can get together
and hash some of this out in a more real-time fashion.

The meeting will be on Monday August, 11 at 21:00UTC. You can run
'date -u' to get the local UTC time where you are. We've talked about
this on the IRC channel so far and it a time that works for many of us
so we're hoping others will be able to attend as well.

To attend, simply use the IRC client of your choice to join #debian-np
on the irc.freenode.net network (also accessible through
irc.debian.org).

I think we should continue to work as we have been on the mailing list
and the wiki and to assemble and post lists packages or types of
software that we feel are important or essential for -np. Names of
existing debian packages are ideal because then we can simply make
batch lists and start throwing together an early preview sort of
version.

It sounds like we're moving towards more than distribution (at least
eventually) which, in my opinion, is great. Skolelinux has three types
of installations and you simply select whether you're installing a
workstation, a server, or a LTSP server upon installation and it goes
from there. I foresee something similar although I'm thinking more in
terms of "workstation (modern)" "workstation (older)" and "general
purpose server" at this point. Of course, I'm not really sure this
makes sense to anyone else. :) Personally, I'll probably focus my
energy on the workstation versions.

Hope to see a bunch of you at the meeting.

Regards,
Mako

--
Benj. Mako Hill