RE: [Debian-NP] Introduction and a few thoughts

e-smith has changed to sme.  The site is basically the beta test for Mitels
server component for its integrated mail and ip phone system.  Mitel is a
European based phone company. So I wonder how long the developer release
will be useful.
Bill

>From http://www.mitel.com/media_center/press_releases_view.cfm?id=252
The 6010 Teleworker solution, an application of the Mitel Networks 6000
Managed Applications Server, uses secure Real-Time Protocol encryption for
voice privacy. Remote data connections are supported off an easily
configured Ethernet port on the IP phone. Industry standard Virtual Private
Network technology ensures security and seamless integration with WindowsR
and MacintoshR desktops and laptops. Configuring the teleworker phone takes
only minutes and can be performed by a system administrator with minimal
training. Once configured the phone can be sent to the user and plugged into
any DSL or Cable modem connection for secure access to the corporate
network.

"The rapid emergence of teleworking is broadly recognized by industry
pundits," said Jim Davies, Vice President, SME Solutions, Mitel Networks.
"This solution spans the needs of small businesses for visibility and
control through to large corporations that benefit from the business
continuity attributes of this approach."