Re: Phil Morrell: Declaration of intent to become a DD, non-upl.

Le mercredi 12 mai 2021 à 22:56:38-0500, Gunnar Wolf a écrit :
> Hello Phil,
>
> > I would like to apply to change my status in Debian to Debian Developer, non-uploading.
> >
> > I have been maintaining two contrib packages in the Games Team, and now taken
> > on one main and 3 official backports. Debian has been my personal philosophy
> > for about a decade, I am not going anywhere, though my actions do wax and wane.
> > I want to be a part of deciding Debian's future through DPL elections and GRs.
>
> After reading the two mails that support so far your request, it grabs
> my attention that both Norbert and Markus mention working with you on
> activities that imply uploading -- "taking over the orphaned qalculate
> packages", "packaging contributions for games", "technical work
> accurate and correct"...
>
> My question is, why not applying for uploading DD? It would seem to be
> more consistent with your Debian involvement history!
>
> Greetings,

To add a bit to Sam's mail and Phil's answer, it was our suggestion to
go for a NU process as Phil struggled to find advocacies for his dd upl
process.

Our reasoning was that either he would get advocacies that included
elements about packaging, and then, depending on how both DAM/FD would
feel, we could still convert the process to a DD, upl process and do
some T&S on the fly, or have Phil become a DD, NU and encourage him to
submit a DD, U application.

Should he get only NU advocacies, then the NU process would still be
good to go and Phil would eventually become a member. The upload pard
would just be a matter of time, as any NU DD can get upload rights on a
package in the meantime.

I hope this makes things clearer. :)

Bests,

--
Pierre-Elliott Bécue
GPG: 9AE0 4D98 6400 E3B6 7528  F493 0D44 2664 1949 74E2