Re: Vasyl Gello: Declaration of intent to become a DC+account

On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 09:22:57AM +0200, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
> On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 08:32:57PM -0000, Vasyl Gello wrote:
> > I would like to apply to change my status in Debian to Debian Contributor, with guest account.
>
> I believe that you might be confused about the scope of a "guest
> account".
>
> > and will be a dozen more), I'd like to be able to build releases targeting all platforms supported
> > by Debian and use a people.debian.org's ftp for repository.
>
> people.debian.org is reserved for DDs, so even if you had an account you
> wouldn't be able to use that sapce.
>
> I reckon theoretically you could get access to the amd64 porterbox and
> have your builds done there, but from your message it seems that you'd
> actually want access to porterboxes for all architectures.  That's just
> not the way porterbox are used: they are there for only test builds,
> debugging architecture-specific failures or other similar situations.
>
> > Currently a single round of packaging Kodi and its addons takes ~3 hours on my buildbot, so for 10 platforms
> > it will take more than 1.5 days to proceed.
> >
> > I am in touch with Kodi's current maintainer, Balint Reczey, and have already filed several RFS for Kodi dependencies.
>
> Unfortunately we do not have such infrastracture in place to allow
> contributors to build all their packages targetting something outside of
> the archive, in a OBS-like fashion.

Vasyl seems to be preparing beta packages of Kodi 19.0; this seems like
an appropriate use of experimental (until 19 is properly released) and
possibly backports (for backports to buster). That'll get the
autobuilding and the distribution covered and would just need a Debian
Maintainer account that the multimedia team could then give upload
access to for the appropriate packages?

J. (Biased observer who runs Debian packaged Kodi.)

--
... I don't do drugs. I don't drink beer. I burn clowns.