Re: Thomas Koch: Declaration of intent

On Sun, May 27, 2018 at 02:02:55PM -0000, Thomas Koch wrote:
> While packaging is a nice contribution to Debian, I learned that it
> is hard to contribute anything to the Debian infrastructure without a
> DD status. I wanted for example to help with a Package Entropy Tracker
> instance for the Debian Haskell team but could not get access to a
> machine just as a Debian Maintainer.

I'm quite shocked to hear this, tbh.

Creating accounts in LDAP for DMs (or even "simple" contributors without
any specific status in our systems) is perfectly fine and is being done
any day.  Even I had access to qa.d.o and other machines even before
being a DD.

This shouldn't block this application in any way, but I would like this
to be clear: being a DD is not a prerequise to contribute to nearly
anything, so please do point me to the specifics of this case and clear
this situation.

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo