Peter Pentchev: Declaration of intent

My name is Peter Pentchev and I would like to apply to change my status
in Debian to Debian Developer (uploading).  I have been a Debian
Maintainer since 2010; the list of the packages I maintain or help with
may be seen at https://udd.debian.org/dmd/?roam%40ringlet.net#versions

I have actually applied for DD once before (thanks a lot to George
Danchev for advocating me and to Raphael Geissert for doing his best to
help me go through the process), but then things got a little busy at my
workplace and I couldn't really complete the process.  Hopefully this
time things will be a bit better on my end.

Last time my bio was perhaps a bit too long, so here's a shorter
version.  I've been writing programs ever since I was 9 years old, way
back in 1986; I've been a Linux and FreeBSD user since 1997, and I've
been contributing to free and open-source software since 1998.  In 2000
some people at the FreeBSD project had had enough of my PRs and invited
me to become a documentation and Ports Collection committer; then in
2004 I started using Debian for some of my work and in 2007 I took over
maintainership of my first Debian package, wmanager.  Things began
snowballing once a work project called for deploying Debian on several
servers at a budding Bulgarian hosting provider, then packaging up some
of our local software for easier deployment and updating on the servers,
then packaging up some more third-party software... but I guess many
people have been down this road.

In the meantime I've helped organize a couple of Bulgarian conferences
dedicated to openness and freedom in software and art, I've given talks
at some of them, and I've helped teach several programming and systems
administration courses at the Sofia University (Practical Perl
Programming, Network Security, a couple of packaging systems lectures in
an Operating Systems course with a focus on Debian packaging, and some
others).  I've tried to help new maintainers on the debian-mentors list
and Debian users on a couple of local Bulgarian IRC channels, and I've
done a lot of software development and packaging work for Debian and
Ubuntu systems at all my workplaces since 2006, thereby also helping
spread the word.

There have certainly been periods of time when I couldn't dedicate as
much time as I wanted (and even the minimum amount of time that others
would have expected me to) to Debian-related work, which may have
resulted in a couple of NMUs to some packages and even, on one
occassion, a kind request to let go of the dma package that I had been
neglecting a bit.  I am very much aware of items on my to-do list in
the Debian Maintainer's Dashboard linked to above, and I am trying to
address them one by one.

Still, as a whole, I hope that I will be able to help Debian move
forward and keep being the amazing collection of software, tools, and,
most importantly, people, that has helped me and so many others in the
past twenty or so years!

Best regards,
Peter Pentchev

Peter Pentchev (via nm.debian.org)